Thursday, December 11, 2014

Patchwork Christmas trees...and other handmade cards

Have you sent out your holiday greetings yet?
(I haven't!)

But I have been having fun crafting Christmas cards!

I made a dozen or more for my Christmas market. A little forest of patchwork Christmas trees!
I wanted a country-style look and was inspired by bits of fabric, colorful papers, baker's twine and stamps. Sometimes I think I could be a full-time card designer and crafter. I have an old-fashioned love for handwritten messages! I have to thank my mom for that. When I was little we were constantly moving around  so she was always writing letters to friends and family. She insisted that my brother and I do the same. I am grateful to her for that!
I like to stamp the back of the card with my shop logo.
Christmas is festive in bold colors but just as lovely in pretty pink and pastel blues. I'm kind of in love with that tree in frosty and feminine fabrics.
Most of my cards sold so now I'm busy crafting some more that we can send off to our friends. I am experimenting with my new embossing powders and heat tool that I have wanted for years and finally bought! I will share those creations with you soon!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a beautiful day!
xoxo
Karen

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe your little tree cards are so pretty Karen! :)
Vx