Thursday, May 8, 2014

take a walk

Taking a walk in nature is for me right up there next to yoga when it comes to balancing mind & body. I feel blessed to live in a place that's so beautiful with it's gentle rolling green hills and deep river valley, fruit orchards and meadows.
A walk is nice deep breathing, fresh oxygen, a feast for the senses...and really great way to warm up if sitting too long at the worktable or computer! 

I take walks several times a week. Sometimes in the winter I get a bit lazy. :) That's when I find myself more in the mood for some yoga stretches near the fireplace with my favorite yoga DVDs with mountain or beach scenery in the backgrounds.
Right now, our countryside is so beautiful and lush, I thought I'd take you with me so I lugged my camera along with me on my walk yesterday.
It was a "April showers" kind of day. I got it all, sun, rain, and in the evening we even got a rainbow. Here are my snapshots. Enjoy!
 
 xoxo
Karen

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

beautiful Karen....nothing quite like a lovely walk..:)
V x