Monday, September 30, 2013

summer lingers....

It's fall, I know. Technically. But summer lingers on here and I love it! My flower boxes are just overflowing with hanging geraniums, the sunflowers are in full bloom, trees are still green and the days are sunny and warm. Yet...there are signs....in the forest we see mushrooms popping up, acorns and a few leaves are falling, twilight comes earlier and the nights are cool.

I'm "just" about in the mood for autumn. And I'm just full of anticipation, because fall is my favorite!

But before we move on to the new season, please let me share with you some of very my favorite images from around my house and garden from the past months. Enjoy!
 A beautiful, graceful visitor.
Spooky, my gorgeous but untouchable cat. Such a problem boy, staying away from home for days...weeks...months...but right now, he's incredibly loyal. I'm happy for that!
My boys digging up potatoes. So delicious, fresh from the garden. 
Long summer nights.
 A thriving little wildflower patch my youngest son and I planted by seed in the spring.
Caramel vanilla birthday cake, for me, from my very sweet daughter.

I can't have too many pink flowers! 
Double rainbow over the Rhine river.
A fantastic harvest of the sweetest, juiciest peaches from our young tree this summer!
 Another cake by my daughter, just for fun!
 Sunset on the Rhine promenade.
My sunny window boxes and table decorations.
 Leisurely summer breakfasts on no-rush-for-school days.
 
Grapevines with the sunshine filtering through. 
My daughter (who else!) spoiled us with homemade donuts one day. Don't you think this girl is going to run a cake shop some day!? If you like her style, check out her pins!
 
Pumpkins and sunflowers are the first sign of fall in our garden. So cheerful and sunny.
I love it when summer gives autumn a chance to come gently. 

xoxo 
Karen


4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gorgeous post Karen, I'm not going to single out individual things because it's all beautiful!
I feel the autumn chill here today!
Have a lovely week,
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

wonderful collection of photos ~ you live the perfect life, you must be so happy. I cannot believe your black leaves up to months at a time! And you sure have a talented baker in your home :)

Ivy Clad said...

Oh! You make me feel nostalgic. For me this summer has been not-so-picture-perfect, but just in annoying insignificant ways. In the ways that really matter it was just fine, but your photos make me feel summer the way it's meant to be: glorious. I enjoyed each one.

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope to return to posting soon, as soon as I smooth out a few more bumps behind the scenes. :)

Your daughter's confections look so tempting, & I'm off to see her pins!

Keri

Janine Marques said...

My dear friend your post is so beautiful with nice photos :)
I´m making a giveaway join in and make me a visit ...
Hugs
Nina